Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan CAL Part 3

It's been over one year since I've filmed my first pattern for YouTube (Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan) and to celebrate, I'm going to host a crochet along with the pattern!



A year has absolutely flown by and with it, I feel like I've grown as both a designer and a creator. With so much that has changed, it seems only right that I look back on the one piece that started me on my path as a designer.

This piece was originally inspired by Regina Weiss's (Morale Fiber) Lotus Duster (It's a free pattern you can find here). I loved the way it looked, but for practicality reasons, I needed something that was shorter while I worked.

This is going to be in five parts, with instructions written as well as a video to go along with it.





This part covers rounds 11-15 of the Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan. You can get a copy of the full written pattern on either Ravelry or Etsy


Materials Needed:
Stitches/abbreviations needed to know (US terms used):
  • SC = Single crochet
  • HDC = Half double crochet
  • DC = Double crochet
  • V-Stitch = DC, Ch 1, DC


Gauge: 4” X 4” = 10 st x 6 rows of DC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11) Ch 3. Dc in each st. dc, 2ch, dc in each ch sp. Sl st in ch 3 (170 stitches) If the width isn’t wide enough, you may repeat this step until you reach your desired width. Add 20 stitches to each round you add. 12) Sc in each stitch until first ch sp. *sc into ch sp, ch 30, sc into next ch sp.* Sc in each stitch until next ch sp. *repeat*. Sc in stitches up to ch sp. 2 sc, ch 2, 2 sc in ch sp. Sc in remaining st. sl st into 1st sc. (165 stitches) 13) Sc in each st. 2 sc, ch 2, 2 sc in ch sp. (171 stitches) 14) Ch 3, dc in each st. 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in ch sp. (175 stitches) 15) Ch 4, skip st. *dc, ch, skip st*. Dc, ch 1, dc in ch sp. Ch 1 and continue. (178 stitches)

Instructional video:



Comments

Popular Posts