Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan CAL Part 5

It's been over one year since I've filmed my first pattern for YouTube (Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan) and to celebrate, I'm going to host a crochet along with the pattern!



A year has absolutely flown by and with it, I feel like I've grown as both a designer and a creator. With so much that has changed, it seems only right that I look back on the one piece that started me on my path as a designer.

This piece was originally inspired by Regina Weiss's (Morale Fiber) Lotus Duster (It's a free pattern you can find here). I loved the way it looked, but for practicality reasons, I needed something that was shorter while I worked.

This is going to be in five parts, with instructions written as well as a video to go along with it.





This part covers how to make the sleeves of the Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan. You can get a copy of the full written pattern on either Ravelry or Etsy


Materials Needed:
Stitches/abbreviations needed to know (US terms used):
  • SC = Single crochet
  • HDC = Half double crochet
  • DC = Double crochet
  • V-Stitch = DC, Ch 1, DC


Gauge: 4” X 4” = 10 st x 6 rows of DC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleeves (These sleeves will be 3/4 length) 1) Attach yarn, ch 2, hdc in same st, hdc in each st. sl st in 1st hdc (66 stitches) 2) Ch 2, DCTOG same st and next st. *dc in next 10 st, DCTOG next 2 st* Dc in last few stitches
(60 stitches) 3) Repeat step 2 (55 stitches) 4) Ch 2, DCTOG same st and next st. Dc in remaining st (54 stitches) 5) Repeat step 4 x6 (48 stitches after 6th repeat) 6) Ch 2, dc in same st, dc in each st (48 stitches) 7) Repeat step 6 x9 (48 stitches) 8) Repeat step 4 x10 (38 stitches)
If the sleeves are too short, repeat step 6 until you reach desired length.

9) Ch 1, hdc in same st, hdc in each st. fasten off (38 stitches)

Instructional video:





Comments

Popular Posts