Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan CAL Part 4

It's been over one year since I've filmed my first pattern for YouTube (Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan) and to celebrate, I'm going to host a crochet along with the pattern!



A year has absolutely flown by and with it, I feel like I've grown as both a designer and a creator. With so much that has changed, it seems only right that I look back on the one piece that started me on my path as a designer.

This piece was originally inspired by Regina Weiss's (Morale Fiber) Lotus Duster (It's a free pattern you can find here). I loved the way it looked, but for practicality reasons, I needed something that was shorter while I worked.

This is going to be in five parts, with instructions written as well as a video to go along with it.





This part covers rounds 16-21 of the Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan. You can get a copy of the full written pattern on either Ravelry or Etsy


Materials Needed:
Stitches/abbreviations needed to know (US terms used):
  • SC = Single crochet
  • HDC = Half double crochet
  • DC = Double crochet
  • V-Stitch = DC, Ch 1, DC


Gauge: 4” X 4” = 10 st x 6 rows of DC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16) Sl st into ch sp. *sc into ch sp, ch 4* sl st into 1st sc (89 chain spaces) 17) Repeat step 16 x3 (89 chain spaces) 18) Sl st into ch sp. Ch 3, 2 dc into ch sp. * 3 dc into ea ch sp* sl st into ch3 (267 stitches) 19) Ch 3, dc in ea st (267 stitches) If the front doesn’t close enough, or the length wasn’t long enough
to your satisfaction, repeat steps 15-19 until you’re satisfied.

20) Repeat step 19 (267 stitches) 21) Ch 2, hdc in each st. Finish off. (267 stitches)

Instructional video:






Comments

Popular Posts