One year later! Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan CAL

It's been over one year since I've filmed my first pattern for YouTube (Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan) and to celebrate, I'm going to host a crochet along with the pattern!



A year has absolutely flown by and with it, I feel like I've grown as both a designer and a creator. With so much that has changed, it seems only right that I look back on the one piece that started me on my path as a designer.

This piece was originally inspired by Regina Weiss's (Morale Fiber) Lotus Duster (It's a free pattern you can find here). I loved the way it looked, but for practicality reasons, I needed something that was shorter while I worked.

This is going to be in five parts, with instructions written as well as a video to go along with it.





This part covers rounds 1-5 of the Silver Moon Mandala Cardigan. You can get a copy of the full written pattern on either Ravelry or Etsy


Materials Needed:
Stitches/abbreviations needed to know (US terms used):
  • SC = Single crochet
  • HDC = Half double crochet
  • DC = Double crochet
  • V-Stitch = DC, Ch 1, DC


Gauge: 4” X 4” = 10 st x 6 rows of DC


  1. Magic circle, ch 1, 10 hdc, sl st into 1st hdc (10) If you find that you are having difficulties with the magic circle, a ch 4, sl st into a ring before the ch 1 will work as well.

  1. Ch 4 (counts as a DC + ch1), dc into same st. *dc, ch 1, dc* in each st. Sl st into 3rd ch of ch 4 (30)

  1. Ch 3 (counts as a dc). [dc, ch1,dc (v-stitch)] in first ch sp, dc in top of dc. *dc in top of dc, v-stitch in ch sp, dc in top of dc* sl st in 3rd ch (50)

  1. Ch 3 (counts as a dc), dc in next st, v-stitch in ch sp, dc in next 2 st. *2 dc, v-stitch in ch sp, 2 dc until end of round. Sl st in ch 3 (70)
  2. Ch 4 (counts as a dc + ch1), skip st, dc in next stitch, v-stitch in ch sp, dc, ch 1, sk st, dc. *dc, ch 1, sk st, dc, v-stitch in ch sp, dc, ch 1, dc in next stitch* sl st in ch 3 st. (90)

Instructional video:





Comments

Popular Posts