Trying your own twist on something always seems to have it's own rewards and merits. I can't tell you how many times I've found something wasn't working out the way I wanted it to, so I found a work around to make it something that was uniquely my own. Or taken something that was something simple and did something that was just a little different to give it pizzazz.

For example:


This is a modified granny shrug. The dark green and yellow that make up the diamond in the back was originally a small-ish baby blanket that I had sitting around. I decided that I wanted to turn it into something that I could wear, but I didn't have the yellow or green anymore. So what I did was find how to make a kaleidoscope square and tweaked it a little bit so it would be something that was new looking. (If you're interested in buying it, it's up for sale on my Etsy)

It doesn't take much to make something that's uniquely you, you just have to go outside your box a little bit.

Comments

Popular Posts